October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! It is one of the most common cancers in women in Australia, with 1 in 8 women diagnosed by the time they are 85. It is important to take the time to know what is normal for your breasts.
Below are a few changes to look for from Cancer Australia:
- a new lump or lumpiness, especially if it’s only in one breast
- a change in the size or shape of your breast
- a change to the nipple, such as crusting, ulcer, redness or inversion
- a nipple discharge that occurs without squeezing
- a change in the skin of your breast such as redness or dimpling
- an unusual pain that doesn’t go away.
If you are aged 50-74, you can get a free breast scan done every two years. Women aged 40-49 and 75 years with no breast cancer symptoms or signs can do free screening mammograms.
Information above from the below link: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/healthy-living/campaigns-events/breast-cancer-awareness-month